Pathfinder Adventures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The Haunting of Harrowstone

Huon
    Huon
    Admin

The Haunting of Harrowstone - Page 4 Empty Re: The Haunting of Harrowstone

Post  Huon Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:25 pm

The previous night had ended in a blur of alcohol and song, the half-elf having had perhaps indulged more than he should have. As he awoke, his eyes immediately snapped open, an arm searching the area beside him on the bed. Not feeling the warmth of a human body, he let out a relieved sigh, and... well... there was a little disappointment in it too. His only real consolation was that there at least wasn't some homely local girl uglying up his pillow. Bah, how many times had that happened before?

Shaking his head, Balta quickly moved to his feet. And by moved to his feet, he immediately fell to the floor and set about his morning exercises; stretches, push ups, crunches, et cetera. The smell of bacon may have been alluring, but the idea of becoming a fatty was certainly not.

Once things were in order, he collected his gear and made his way to the kitchen. There was only so long that one could resist the promise of one of Lady Kendra's breakfasts.

Last edited by Balta on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kevin Skyloft
    Kevin Skyloft

Post  Kevin Skyloft Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm

There wasn't much to say about Kevin, save for the fact he had woken up a bit earlier then normal as once more he couldn't sleep really well for some reason. Shaking his head, he'd go about his morning work out to help wake himself up along with staying inshape. Once he could smell something was being cooked, he too would exit his room and head on down stairs to see what today had in store for him. . .and those other two.
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 am

Making her way down the grand stairwell and into the foyer, Millie followed to the best of her memory (read: which was pretty damn good) the directions towards the dining room she had received by one of the servants. With the smell of morning goodness and promise of a full belly but a mere half-manor down, it wasn’t long until the young Alchemist found herself looking in on a familiar sight.

Well, somewhat familiar anyways.

Before Millie was another breakfast spread that looked just as good as the one they were graciously given the day before. Toast, pancakes, bacon, potatoes... It looked and smelled delicious. Clasping her hands together in front of her chest with a bright smile in delight, her vibrant hues quickly shifted towards Lady Kendra, whose attention seemed drawn downwards towards the seat nearest hers where she was carrying on a... Conversation?. Stepping further into the dining room and towards the table with a quirked brow, it wasn’t long until the red-head realized that they had a familiar visitor this morning.

Sitting near Lady Kendra was none other than Valknar, the fourth beneficiary who had been summoned upon the Professor’s death for the reading of his will. Sporting a heavy steel ring through his septum, the Dwarf was a hard face to forget. Coarse ruddy red hair and a beard that any of his race would have been overly proud of, Millie was genuinely surprised to see him. Sure that he had left town, what after his somewhat sudden and silent departure once everything was read in regards to Petros Lorrimor’s will, Millie approached the table with a look of genuine curiosity just as Lady Kendra let out a soft laugh before looking up.

Ah Millie Button, good morning. I trust you slept well? Please join us for some breakfast. I’m sure you remember Valknar from several days ago, yes?” A graceful gesture was given towards the Dwarf before Lady Kendra shed a polite smile between the two. About to say something more as the young red-head slipped into a nearby chair, she paused once catching sight of Balta entering into the large dining area, followed shortly by Kevin. Greeting each in turn, and likewise inquiring about their night’s rest, she’d wait for everyone to take a seat before continuing.

Valknar has decided to remain in Ravengro with us for the remainder of the month, to which I am sincerely grateful...” Pausing to give the Dwarf a warm smile, she continued. “As I have said before, as my honored guests, I am more than happy to provide room and board for your time spent here. As always, I will accommodate you for whatever you may need. It’s... It’s the least I can do for all you have done for my Father.

Going silent, as if reflecting on a fond memory, Lady Kendra rose a napkin to her dark lips for a moment, as if to compose herself, before gesturing towards the spread of food before them all with a smile. “Please, help yourself.
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 am

Balta did his usual of striding into the room as though he owned the place. Or rather, he walked in with great gusto. Enthusiasm aside, he found himself pausing as he noted the bearded presence of the dwarf. The short fellow must have gone previously unnoticed, his stature keeping him well below eye level of the tall half-elf.

Shrugging, Balta took a chair for himself. It was good to have yet another with them. And another warrior holding the line increased one's chances of survival, after all.

"Good on you, friend Valknar. I am glad that you decided to stay." Balta did his best to appear as though he hadn't JUST noticed the dwarf.

He'd wait long enough for the beard-envy inducing chap to reply before setting about piling up a plate of delicious breakfast items. The fighter needed his energy, after all. Meat shields always get their fill. It's the rules.

"Oh, and I've been thinking. Perhaps a visit to the store is in order today. I need to trade in a few things."
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 am

Had been crammed in his own little corner of nowhere, quaffing a mug of warm mead to fill his belly. His feet unceremoniously kicked up in the table when the red-maned Alchemist addressed him. He did recognize the lass, but so utterly stricken with grief was he that during the ceremony, he hadn't noticed the lot.

Sure enough, however, he and his tankard were brought over to the nearby table.

"Ye wouldn't believe the trip I had to get over here. I tell ya. A man can't go two feet in this bloody lands without gettin' a mouthful from some up-start thinkin' just 'cause I'm a few heads shorter, don't mean I'm capable of slammin' 'em so hard, their bollocks fly out their bloody eyesockets.

His voice boomed, heavy and rough, like any good dwarf, but his tone was warm, he greeted the group as though he'd known them all his life, perhaps feelings some distant kinship with them following their mutual knowledge of the Late Professor.

He eyeballed Millie
    "So, cute lass, you lot looks like ya just ain't just here on a summer vacation. What's been happenin'? This place feels uneasy, like alotta people don't trust the lot of eachother."
    Kevin Skyloft
    Kevin Skyloft

Post  Kevin Skyloft Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:19 am

As Kevin came about to be among the others, he'd pause when noticing the new comer. He'd remain standing for now, frowning a bit as he looked the dwarf over. Dammit. Why a dwarf. They did nothing, save for bring him suffering when going about his quests, to the point he felt on edge when being around one.

Listening to the all talk, Kevin would take his seat as well. Not commenting for now, he'd listen to the group speak to one another, thinking a bit himself on what they should try to do today. Along with a means to stop having such restless nights.
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 am

While everyone shuffled into the dining room and took their seats, Millie collected her own plate and began the oh so joyous process of piling on the food. After last night’s drinking and prison exploration, she was definitely in need of something in her belly besides the three cups of tea she had drank this morning. Settling down with a delicious spread to which she was overly thankful for, the red-head took up a fork and knife in each hand and began eating (read: devouring) her food whilst listening to Lady Kendra speak her piece in regards to Valknar the Clanless.

Munching away happily with puffy cheeks full of food, Millie was content to remain unusually silent as Balta and Valknar spoke up in turn. Pondering the idea of paying the store a visit, and concluding that it would be an excellent start to the morning, she offered several quick nods in agreement towards the eye-patch wearing fighter before swallowing her mouthful of food to take a drink of water. Valknar’s tale of his trip was certainly a colorful one, spoken in the dwarven mannerisms she had grown well accustomed to during their brief time spent with one another on the road with Professor Lorrimor back in the day. Though Lady Kendra was every bit the courtly woman she had been raised to be, considering her social standings as a respected young noblewoman, it appeared to Millie that she wasn’t quite as accustomed to the ways of Dwarves. Somewhat tense and silent, the Professor’s daughter seemed content enough to enjoy her breakfast whilst listening to the heroes conversation.

Drawn from whatever thoughts she was mulling over in her head when spoken towards, Millie’s cheeks flushed briefly at the ‘cute lass’ comment before she adjusted her spectacles to rest more comfortably on the bridge of her nose. “Well... Funny thing you should ask that Valknar, as you see... Quite a bit has happened after you departed when the Professor’s will was finished being read...” Voice trailing, as she wasn’t quite sure where to start, a glance was given from Balta to Kevin in hopes that they’d aid her in this lengthy explanation before her vibrant hues rested on the Dwarf once more.

We have concluded upon the possibility that there is far more behind the Professor’s death than what was originally perceived to be a chance accident. If you recall of the tomes that were spoken of in the will that require delivering to Lepidstadt, a journal--the Professor’s journal--was found amongst them with some rather alarming entries. It would seem that a group known as the Whispering Way may have had something to do with his death, and perhaps with all the bizarre happenings that have been going on around Ravengro as of late, which has had the local townsfolk a bit more untrusting and... Suspicious.

Since the will stipulates that we are to remain in Ravengro for a months time, we have begun to investigate and further look into the information we were left with only to discover that much of what the Professor had written thus far to be, unfortunately, true. Strange and eerie things are indeed happening in Ravengro, some of which we have encountered first hand, and I’m afraid to say I feel like we are barely scratching the surface as to what truly is transpiring...

Pausing to look down at her plate of food to think, she’d leave the floor open for Kevin or Balta to add whatever information they felt Valknar should be informed of.
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:46 am

Valknar had gifted his own plate with a pile of meat that would fill the belly of fifty warriors. But as Millie spoke, he found himself hovering with the steaming haunch of boar meat hovering inches from his gaping mouth. It closed, and slowly, but surely, his lips turned upwards into an unsettling smile.

"Perfect..."he began, a lowly mumble masked by the hunk of delicious boar flesh, dripping with fat and so delicately seasoned with local spices. "PERFECT!" he roared now, slamming two clenched fist and that yet, untouched, perfect chunk of meat into the table, causing it to rock violently.

"I want in. Ta whatever end, I'll join ye and yer crew. By the gods, we'll turn this pathetic conspiracy on its arse and piss on their graves!"

A bellowing laughter followed, quickly stifled as he began to unceremoniously violated the piece of boar meat with his beard.

Last edited by Valknar on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:31 am

With heaping amounts of egg, roast meat, and fruit spread out across his plate, the fighter took whatever moments he could spare to stuff his yap. Millie provided ample opportunity for him to eat, or perhaps more appropriately inhale, the mass of protein laden sustenance.

"Let us not forget that we're dealing with a fabled cabal of necromancers with a murderous inclination. Most legends that speak of the Whispering Way mention how the group tends to silence those who get too close. Silence them with extreme prejudice. Silence as in nothing more than a whisper. Whisper as in 'Whispering Way.'"

The fighter had to nod at his own drawn out explanation, banal as it was. He may have had it entirely wrong, but the tone in which he said it added in the spooky effect. OOOoooOOOoooh! Spooky!

The more the more the dwarf talked, the more Balta decided that he was ok with the bearded fellow's presence. And so in the spirit of friendship he raised his morning glass of juice in a toast.

"To you, Valknar, to pissing on necromancer graves, and to all of us!" he said aloud, waiting for the others present to join in the little, non-alcoholic gesture.
    Kevin Skyloft
    Kevin Skyloft

Post  Kevin Skyloft Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm

"To a lack of bug guts. . ." Kevin grumbles, hoping that the dwarf would take the blunt of all the bad luck he had gotten since coming to this blasted place. He had sent his letter earlier, and was hoping for an answer within a week or so. Though if that failed, he knew he'd stay here and do what he can to help the others. Despite how everything was going. . .he. . .was having fun. Hell, the two people that had gone along with him on this quest were starting to grow on him. Despite the newest member being a dwarf, he was oddly excited for what was to come next.

A small smile would grace his features as he thought about what would happen, trying to keep his mind set on a postive note.
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:04 am

Looking up from her thoughts and plate, Millie quirked a slender red brow when she watched the Dwarf’s expression transform into one of unexpected excitement. As Valknar went on to explain his desire to join their group, and Balta threw in his two coppers in regards to the Whispering Way, Millie found herself giggling at the two of them. This stay of theirs was certainly growing far more fascinating by the minute, and with yet another combat savvy patron braving the spooks and ghosts, and legends that plagued Ravengro, she was more than accepting of his offer.

To new friends! And to more scary adventures!” Millie added in after Kevin as she picked up her glass of juice to salute Balta’s toast with much gusto. Lady Kendra even lifted her own glass, though otherwise remained silent with a soft smile resting on her lips as the group bonded.

Following up the toast with a customary drink, the Alchemist went back to cleaning off what little remained on her plate before finally settling back in her chair with a content sigh. Now that the most important meal of the day had been unceremoniously devoured, her mind was wandering to their agenda for the day. “I think a visit to the store is an excellent idea, not to mention a good start to the morning. I believe we should decide on our agenda for the remainder of the day however before we set out. There are a few places that may be of interest to us, such as the Temple of Pharasma or the Unfurling Scroll for further research. We also have not seen what all Ravengro has to offer as far as shops and the likes. Also, since it is day, there is always the option of Harrowstone...

Looking from one face to another, Millie waited expectantly to see what everyone’s response or suggestions would be. Though she had her preferences and baited curiosity, the red-head would remain silent on whilst waiting to see what everyone else wished to do.
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 am

Valknar raised his mead and tipped it back against his lips, then set about voraciously attacking his pile of meat like it was the last roast pig in existence.

"Whatever ye think is best, dear." The dwarf spoke between mouthfuls of meat. He belched, as it was with most of his kind, tablemanners were something of a mystery to him, as was the concept of napkins, as he seemed perfectly content to wipe his mouth with his beard.

He would have jammed a greasy thumb towards Kevin " 'N' what's with the ponce who's been givin' me the stinkeye since I sat down. You mute, brother? Or are ya just shy around men who can grow facial hair?" His tone clearly more teasing than outright insulting.
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 pm

"To more scary, bug-gut-laden adventures!" Balta said with great gusto, his drink disappearing into his gullet within a matter of seconds. It was likely a good thing that his glass contained only juice. After last night, the last thing he needed was more alcohol.

Upon finishing, the fighter took a moment to lean back i his seat. With one hand, he casually picked at his plate, spearing mouthfuls of egg and meat onto his fork. After his little speech, he was content to simply sit back and listen to the banter between his companions, old and new. Though, he did find his eyes dipping to Valknar's beard as though it were a low cut shirt on a surprisingly large-chested woman.

The Half-Elf's cheeks itched with envy. Suddenly his own little patch of chin scruff seemed highly inadequate.

Lost in his own thoughts of hirsute appendages, Balta didn't really catch the target of Valknar's playful jab at the cleric.

"Hmmm... what? No! No, of course not... oh..." The fighter fell silent after his momentary outburst, staring awkwardly down at his plate.
    Kevin Skyloft
    Kevin Skyloft

Post  Kevin Skyloft Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 pm

The smile on his face would drop into a frown, an eyebrow twitching as he felt the cold air play across his bare cheeks. ". . .no, just thinking and listening to everyone for now. My name is Kevin, sir. . .tis a pleasure." It sure as hell didn't sound like he was pleased with talking to the man, wondering if he was going to grow to dislike the midget or not in the coming month. He'd be nice for now, figuring the man was mainly out to try and break the ice with him. Thus he'd show the same as he spoke in return.

"Why not let out newest friend decide? Might be more keen to taking his path. . .then ones leading to bug guts and weapons attacking us." Now it was his turn to give Millie the stinkeye. Balta as well for good measure, due to how the man kept out doing him at everything. Ffffffffff!
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 am

Having been leaning back against the cushion of her chair comfortably, Millie couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the men as the beard flaunting began. Even Kevin shot her the stink eye, despite his response being no better than the rest, considering he simply passed it off to Valknar, who basically left it up to her in the first place. Really, it was a big roundabout point back straight to her as to where everyone wanted to go, apparently. That means she chooses. Sliding her empty plate away before planting her palms on the surface of the table, she pushed herself up to stand.

Since none of you have said much at all one way or another, I hereby forth will make the executive decision.” Pausing for dramatics, Millie cleared her throat before continuing. ”However much I adore research and all things related, I must admit my curiosity has been perked by and baited by this Harrowstone Prison place. What we encountered last night was beyond anything I have ever seen, let alone fought! With daylight on our side, I think we should explore the place some more. Who knows? Maybe we’ll discover something relevant to our investigation. Or something terrifying... Honestly, the percent chance is fifty-fifty, what with the information I’ve gathered.” Nodding matter of factly, the Alchemist looked from face to face before cracking one of her more charming smiles.

After we go to the shop, that is. Any objections?” As Millie looked from person to person to see if any would dare, Lady Kendra finally chuckled softly before shaking her head at it all. Clearly the late Professor’s daughter found this entire breakfast to be quite the unusual affair in comparison to what she was used to, but it was well entertaining.

Whatever you do.” Lady Kendra spoke up while also rising to stand, her voice noticeably softening as her words turned sincere.. “Please be very careful. I can’t quite say for certain what is in those ruins, but I feel in my heart that there is much evil in that area. I’ve already lost my Father from that dark place... I couldn’t bare to lose one of you as well.

Map of Ravengro:
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 am

Balta chuckled heartily at the many exchanges of stink eyes. Even given his one visible eyebrow he managed to return the look to Kevin, possibly with far more frightening effect given his skill in scaring people. Being a big, weapon wielding half-elf had its merits.

"Aye, as frightening as the place was in the dark, I'm curious to see it in the daylight. Part of me wonders what all kind of activity we can expect. And... at the very least we can avoid turning Millie into a walking torch." He turned to Millie directly "Not that you don't make a charming beacon, but I'd prefer having visibility on our side as well."

With a glance to Kevin, the fighter continued. "But aye, the shop first. I'd like to trade a few things out. Perhaps make some coin. Gods only know how many more rounds I'm going to have to buy at the tavern just to keep these sheep complacent." There was a note if annoyance in his voice. Obviously the glares, stares, and unkind looks from the local populace had not warmed the large warrior's heart. Sadly, however, the group needed to be as friendly as possible with the townies. Hell, not even the most bigoted of rednecks would turn down a free ale.
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Valknar had practically hoovered his plate clean, all that piles of bacon, haunches of roast boar and chunks of ribs had been reduced to a pile of gristle and bone in the span that the group had sat down to eat.

"An excellent idea, Millie!" He stood suddenly, scattering atop the chair and slamming a foot down atop the table, causing things to jump abruptly once again. His lance came free, pointed high into the air in the most heroic of poses he could muster.

"TO THE SHOP!"
    Kevin Skyloft
    Kevin Skyloft

Post  Kevin Skyloft Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 am

Finishing up whatever food he could have, he'd merely sigh and nod. He wouldn't say much, mostly due to all the stink eyes he was getting in return. WHAT JERKS! PFFFFFT! He'd be ready to set off at any time.
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

Millie giggled lightly at the reminder Balta gave in regards to having been used as the group’s mobile light source for their past dark adventures. It was a role she took very seriously--well, as seriously as one can get whilst wearing a glowing headband--but did agree that a trip during the day would likely be much, much better in comparison.

Thinking further on their trip to Ravengro’s general store, the wheels and gears inside of the young Alchemist’s head started churning as she considered their slowly approaching problem in regards to money. Well, hers at least, as she was broke, yo. The trip here certainly emptied her coin purse substantially, and were it not for Lady Kendra’s most generous hospitality, she wasn’t sure exactly how else she could have afforded to stay.

Snapped from her thoughts when Valknar scrambled to his feet to stand atop his chair dramatically, another round of giggles came out as Millie side-stepped away from the table. Turning eventually to face Lady Kendra, who likewise had a bemused expression on her fair features, the red-head curtsied politely. “Breakfast was very delicious as always. Thank you! Now if you’ll kindly excuse us, we are off to... Well... You heard it all. And please don’t worry, we will be careful.

Informing the group that she needed to collect some things from her room, Millie scampered off through the doorway and down the long immaculately decorated halls to fetch her bag-o-goodies, and of course, her journal. Several minutes later the soft patter of boots accompanied by the jingle of vials and slosh of potions was heard as she rounded the bend into the foyer to await Balta, Kevin and Valknar. Just as they were about to depart the Manor, Wendy approached the group with a large platter in hand. On it were four bags.

M’Lady has asked fer’ lunches ta’ be packed fer’ ya’, yes she did. Said ya’ might be gettin’ ‘ungry durin’ yer’ errand runnin’.” Pushing the tray forward and waiting for all to take a bag, she’d step back before resting the platter on her hip. Bowing politely to them all, Wendy showed them all out.

The weather this day, unlike all the others, was surprisingly nice. Sure, the sun was still hidden behind a blanket of clouds, and the temperature was low and muggy, but at least it wasn’t raining. Marching down the driveway of the Lorrimor Manor, a left was taken once reaching the bottom of the hill before they started heading along the main street that would lead them to Ravengro.

Perhaps...” Millie began thoughtfully as they walked whilst looking through what goodies had been packed in their lunch bags. “We should all consider looking into getting temporary jobs or work during our stay in Ravengro. A month is quite a long time when ya’ really think about it, and helpin’ out the locals would likely quell their suspicions about us. What do ya’ think?” Looking up, she’d eye each of the men in turn as they carried on.
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Valknar inevitably clambered down, slipping that hefty steel lance of his back into its sling. As well as politely stuffing the day's lunch into his pack before moving outside.

"Fine, young lads like us, armed to the bloody teeth, slogging in the muck of some horse's shit fer a few meager silvers a day? Pox on that! There's got to be a bounty board up here somewhere. Or maybe some nobody farmer needs 13 boar livers for no real reason."

He unhitched his trusty steed from outside the err... Inn? And lead it towards the group as they spoke.
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Considering that Balta had brought most of his gear down with him, he was in no big hurry to run off and get packed for a day of adventure. He was left waiting in the dining room as the others fetched their things, though the moment of silence was not entirely enjoyably. Considering what they may very well face later that day, a few minutes spent without a weapon in hand weren't so bad.

As they moved outside and the suggestions of finding work and then looking for bounties came, he let out an amused chuckle.

"Well... I'm not exactly one whose all that keen on doing farm work for a handful of coppers..." he said to Millie, but as Valknar offered his views on the matter, Balta decided to chime in. "We've checked. They have a bounty board system, but the only posting is for farm laborers. I mean... it would make us money, yes, but... eh." His feelings were mixed on the matter. Work was work, but somehow, the fighter could not help but feel that he was far more talented than your average farm hand.
    Kevin Skyloft
    Kevin Skyloft

Post  Kevin Skyloft Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

"I'll see about getting a job on working nightwatch." He said, feeling they would know where he was going to try working out. It WAS what he did for a living after all. "It'll help us keep an eye on anyone who might want to still try to unbury the good man in his sleep." Kevin explains to them, sighing a bit as he reached up to rub at his nose a bit. "I'll skip the bounty work, unless it's related to what I do. The rest is free for you lot to choose from."

He also wanted to avoid contact with the locals, as he felt his lack of social skills, and their small time view on how the world worked would not mix well with eachother.
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 am

After proposing the question, Millie Button remained silent as the men went on to say their piece about finding work. It was true that she was none too thrilled with doing general farm labor, yet at this point she wasn't quite in any position to be picky over making some coin. Wasn’t it harvest season anyways? There was likely a good chance the farmers were paying double to get all their crops in on time.

Well, farm labor is a start at least!” Millie offered with a coy smile. “We’ll just have to keep our eyes open in the meantime. Maybe the posts will update as things come up? Not to mention who knows what we’ll find when finally getting to explore Harrowstone, ya?” Lifting her shoulders with a shrug of unknowing, the red-head lifted a hand to observe the town of Ravengro as they came closer.

Quickening their march towards Ravengro, it wasn’t long until the group found themselves within the town wquare and casually trying to spot out the general store sign from amongst the many buildings that surrounded the area. With the weather as nice as it was, it was no surprise to discover the Square to be quite active this day with townsfolk. The hustle and bustle was a welcoming sight in comparison to the barren roads and somber atmosphere to the dark town, yet the stares and whispering quickly grew to be a common thing. Apparently the Dwarf that now accompanied their already out-of-place group was gaining them quite a bit of attention this day.

Regardless, as they all decided to walk from shop to shop until finding the appropriate building, something peculiar managed to snag Kevin, Millie and Valknar’s attention just as Balta turned to lead them onward in the opposite direction.

A group of five little Varisian girls dressed in shawls and dresses are playing a skipping rope game at the side of the road. Each of the girls takes turns jumping in the rope while singing two lines of, what Millie could make out, was a rather disturbing song, then skips out of the rope to let the next girl take up the next two lines. The way in which the girls switch from skipping to passing the ends of the rope to each other to keep the whole thing going is strikingly well timed and well choreographed--and the verse itself, which the girls sing in Varisian, was beyond eerie.

Do... Do you hear that?” Turning to see if anyone else near her was hearing, or rather, understanding the girls correctly, Millie turned just enough to notice Balta nearly about to walk off and unknowingly leave them. Calling out to get his attention, she’d quickly grab the red-headed Fighter’s arm before spinning him in place to direct his attention towards the yonder group of skipping girls. “Please tell me I’m mishearing this...” She voiced softly, knowing that if there was one other person here who could likely understand them, it was Balta.

OOC:
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 am

With a shrug of his shoulders, the fighter dismissed the notions of manual labor. He was a man of action, dammit! Not one of menial tasks. Well... give or take. He kind of did a lot of both. Farm work, however, was just a touch too menial for even his standards for meniality. Sort of. Honestly, if it came down to it, Balta wasn't going to argue with a source of income.

The walk into the busy market square had the half-elf lost in his thoughts. Something about the crowded city streets reminded him so much of home. Despite the stares, mumblings, and occasional glares the fighter received, he hardly seemed altogether aware of his surroundings. Deep within his mind he was walking the streets of Absolom.

Even with his previous intent of heading to the general store, Balta walked right past. It was only after he was thoroughly manhandled by Millie that he reclaimed his senses. Where previously he had been taking a trip down memory lane, he was suddenly gifted with a pleasant little childrens' song with fairly peculiar subject matter.

"You're not." He replied to Millie after a moment of thought. "But are you entirely surprised?" he found himself asking, a coy grin working its way over his lips. "The delightfully macabre atmosphere? The reverence to Pharasma? Does a spooky little jump rope song strike you as that odd?"

He turned on his heel, making way for the shop. All the while he hummed the children's tune in a very up-beat fashion.
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Valknar had noticed the girls, but had simply chalked it up to be a pair of girls skipping about, playing their games. Millie had, however, seemed to be drawn in by their routine, and this had caught the dwarf's attention. He would move beside her, laying a stocky hand on her shoulder.

"What's the matter, girly? S'just a coupla human girls playin' their games. Nothin' to get worked up over."

Ever the pregmatic realist, it was clear that the eerie songs and perfectly choreographed playfulness flew right over his head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:40 am