Pathfinder Adventures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Souls for Smuggler's Shiv

Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Souls for Smuggler's Shiv - Page 3 Empty Re: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv

Post  Huon Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Huon nodded to the others as they each gave their input, though Kyra's suggestions about groups of two didn't quite sit well with him.

"Of our number I doubt that perhaps more than two even know the first thing about survival... camping... hunting, or anything of the sort. Splitting our numbers that small is having the blind lead the blind... and the dead lead the dead. I say we keep to one larger group, at most two groups of three. But... then again, that's neither here nor there."

He paused, turning to acknowledge Jask. As the prisoner spoke, Huon could not help but smile. The man's accent was just so charming. A novelty that would likely wear off very soon, but for now it was one of the few amusing things they had at their disposal.

"Aye, agreed, release him. He's of no use to any of us as a prisoner, and his spells will prove beneficial. Especially when it comes to finding fresh water."

Ishiro, however, was greeted with a curiously lofted brow. Defender or Guard... what was the difference? It was probably largely contextual, but if they were under attack, they had all damn well put up a fight. They were not in some cushy little town with a militia to protect the plebs, after all.

"But aye, as the half-elf said. Shelter, fire... basic amenities. If it is this hot now, I do not want to see the conditions at mid-day." He drew his gaze over to the pile of supplies. "Given the limited number of readily available materials... we should probably not count on having individual, private lodgings. For safety as well as maintaining our resources. Right, so everyone buddy-up."
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:06 am

Flyn turned his gaze towards the thickly accented man - By now, he'd kicked off his waterlogged boots and had dug his feet into the sand, content to listen and talk. He thought back to his own time in manacles, and the desperation that one faces at someone else's mercy. The group seemed to agree with sentiments and the elf stood, undoing the leather strip that held a tightly-wound scroll of leather to reveal his work tools. Mostly makeshift, the set none-the-less proved to be of competent quality, given the quick work he'd made of the man's bindings. They'd drop with a rattle and he returned to his spot in the sand with an empathetic nod.

"Lovely. We've a mute, a hero, twins, a gaggle of shady sots. Well, it's settled then. Let's let the others make preparations for camp, while we..." he gestured to the group of five. "...scout for fresh water."

Inwardly, he cringed at the thought of having to sleep in such close quarters with everyone else. He'd be sure to poison the snorers first.

SilvyDean
    SilvyDean

Post  SilvyDean Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 am

Kyra listened as they all spoke of what they felt they should do first. Tilting her head and looking off to the prisoner for the moment he spoke then raising a thin dark eyebrow at his reaction to them. Her attention turned back as they spoke of going to fetch water while those left would be in charge of making shelter.

"That is pretty egotistical to think that everyone here is incapable of hunting, gathering, spotting or making their own fire." She spoke up to Huon. "I am sure there are more than a few capable of that right?" She turned saying louder to the rest of the group that was gathered around.

"Aye, I can start a fire and got some food ma'self!" Sasha chimed in cheerfully. "Also, I don't mind shacking up with the men." She gave a wry smile to the group. "They seem like a trustworthy lot, and o the fun we could have!" Kyra's eyes fixed on Sasha for a moment, not amused.. Sasha's smile faded and she looked around for a moment before she shrugged and sat back down.

"What I mean is.. three groups of three shouldn't be that hard to muster. Obviously." She looked to Flyn a moment. "Not that I do not trust my sister's knowledge of the dangers here.. but do you not think it is a bit excessive for five of us to go all at once?" Kyra was perhaps making herself a little suspicious by suggesting the group split up. This she would not think about until later.
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:04 pm

The inquisitor smiled at the monk's words, seemingly unphased by being referred to as egotistical. He did, after all, have a fairly sizable sense of self worth.

"Well... that is not to say that people are incapable of learning. But I meant more that few of us have any real experience in a survival situation right now. So don't be offended if I point out the facts. Of course, if you like, I could always not tell people if the 'food' they find is poisonous. It'd be worth it to preserve their feelings, hmmmyes?"

His gaze drew to Flyn.

"Aye, water should be our first priority if we can get the others to build. Food should be far less difficult to locate if we can find decent game or edible plants."
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:16 am

Flyn deflected her comment with a shrug, busying himself with his Alchemy kit. He'd produced the three phials from before, one of them had become thick and soupy, while the other two remained in a brown, translucent solution. Those two were thrown out, while he refocused his efforts on the first. With a pair of long, slender tongs, he fetch the shriveled poisoned gland from the solution, corked it, and stowed it onto his belt.

"We're in unknown territory, probably teemin' with aggressive local colour. Our only chance of survival is to keep every man alive. 'N' we'll do no good servin' ourselves up in bite-sized sodding platters. It's five to a group, 'n' that's final."

Flyn stood, stretched, and turned towards the group.

"Well kids, we're burnin' daylight. Let's see if we can find somethin' to drink, yeah?"
    Kida
    Kida
    Admin

Post  Kida Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Words could simply not describe the look of relief that washed over Jask’s face as he watched Flyn step forward to lockpick the manacles.  Letting them fall to the sandy beach with a silent dull jingle, the once-was prisoner turned, a free man, to give the biggest damn smile they had likely seen towards those who spoke in his favor--and yes, his teeth were remarkably white.

By di Gods!  Praise be to Nethys!  Tenk yuh!  Ooooo I am inna your debt, brothas an sistas, an will repay dis kindness ten fold!”  Spirit soaring, Jask was practically dancing on that beach in joy while rubbing his indented and sore wrists.  Giving out a few hoots and hollers to further express his exuberance, he eventually settled down enough before giving them a nod of his head, coupled with a reassuring grin grin.

Dohn worry bout water, just gimmi time.” Pounding his chest with a fist, Jask straightened even more.  “As much as yuh cyan gimmi to fill, I cyan fill.  Nethys has blessed mi wid many powers, but I am also er skilled survivalist. I ave di skills to hunt an gyadda food.”  As Jask spoke, he made his way towards the pile of goods retrieved from the ship to collect his nice dagger, suit of leather armor, spell component pouch, and holy symbol of Nethys.  The latter of which, when held in his hands, had Jask giving off another sigh of relief.

It’s just as well.”  Kida eventually piped in after Jask’s most thankful of displays and the banter between Huon, Flyn and her sister.  “Judging by the other castaways’ dejected and shaken demeanors, they likely won’t be up to doing much. Some don't adjust well to tragic change.”  Pushing up from the ground, she brushed off the sand that stuck to her skin and attire before wiping her brow, which was already dotted with beads of sweat.  Taking note of Sasha’s sudden interest in helping, along with the looks she seems to keep passing her sister’s way, Kida gave the red-head a cold, pointed look before turning back to the others.

Anyways… With water on the way,”  Kida gave Jask a curious yet expecting look.  “perhaps we should all put our efforts and energy into making some form of shelter and/or camp befitting our large… Group.”  Fanning her face, she was starting to wonder just how much good the shawl she was wearing was actually doing her.  “Once done with that, exploration wouldn’t be a bad idea.  If we can handle it with this rising heat.
    Vosk Heldane
    Vosk Heldane
    Admin

Post  Vosk Heldane Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:48 pm

"Huh. Well ain't that just a pleasant surprise. Say, my friend. Let's go have a chat." Flyn stood, moving with Jask and steering the conversation towards local fauna and flora, specifically any that could be used to synthesize a few potions. Of course, while he did this, he was setting a fucking communal tent for everyone because I'm sick of this beach. End post. MOVING ON
    Huon
    Huon
    Admin

Post  Huon Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Huon did the thing. Mostly he gave the cleric a short nod and set about getting the proper equipment together to build adequate shelter.

"Good to have a priest about. Will be nice to have the help of a holy man."

Being a godly fellow himself, it was pleasant to not be entirely surrounded by heathens.

Beep beep boop... some descriptive sentences about the majesty of woodwork that results in everyone having a fun lil slumber shack.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:12 am